Saturday, March 1, 2008

The B.I.C. Effect

Qualifier: What follows is a personal 'female' definition of the topic and is not meant to express the opinions of other females or even my final thoughts on the topic.

Disclaimer: The suggestions that follow do not take into account the status of that particularly maddening female cycle. Timing is everything sometimes.

Its perfectly obvious. Women are usually, comparatively speaking, more beautiful then men. I mean, with all due respect, a beautificious/handsome in the male gender (this is in no way diminishing their inherent attractiveness) is more of an exception than the rule. Now that I've said that I want to disagree with myself. I think I jolly will do. Whatever Diana! All right moving on. So...the point is that a woman is the definition of beauty not the man. With that in mind check out the following exaggerated equation.

Beauty is visual-duh.

Men are visual-double duh.

Men + Beauty: Attraction.

Think: summer and winter, cookies and milk, white on rice.

I am certainly NOT insinuating that all that men appreciate or even look for is 'scenery'. I myself appreciate good 'scenery'. I speak of a part and not the whole.
You understand of course, that in my perfect world I would be my man's perfect-all-absorbing-beauty...ah, its free to dream...However, since I'm neither resident of my-perfect-world or very consciously not any man's perfect-all-absorbing-beauty, what are men and woman to do with the above equation?
For starters and the upside for the girls in this equation is that the man that God leads you to will appreciate your beauty and your efforts to take care of it. If he does not, you have no business marrying him! I'm serious. Girls also have the responsibility not to inappropriately adorn a man's mind-you know what I mean.

For enders and probably the harder end of the bargain, men's visual nature. I'm suggesting the incorporation of B.I.C.

Bounce, Include, Create: B.I.C

1) The Bounce Effect: I'm taking the covenant eyes that Job talked about(Job 31:1). A consistent habit of not 'lusting' on beauty not only guards against degrading habits but also increases your contentment with your own beauty.

2) The Inclusion Effect: If Adam's raptured exclamation of 'bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh' and God's confirmation 'and they shall be one flesh' is to be practiced and honored. Then respecting your beauty's feelings (women compare themselves to each other and to the impossible air-brush models) will include you appreciating beauty in an appropriate way.
There isn't anything wrong with appreciating beauty or even commenting on it (heads up: what time of the month is it?) Just take her feelings into account and don't pretend you aren't attracted to beauty or worse yet blatantly or secretly be making a bee-line for the next ravishing beauty in whatever form that might be.

3) The Creative Effect: Your words create beauty. That's right, your affirming, gentle, thoughtful, patient words and actions express love to your woman. And a woman in love is beautiful. And that's a fact. Daily you have the opportunity to create a beauty. Now that's a beautiful thought.

That equation: its a beautiful things in marriage. (or so I hear+)

3 comments:

Susan Knapp said...

Hey...you hit the nail on the head girl! Simple, profound principles. And yes, it is beautiful in a married setting. Praise God for faithful men!

Sara said...

Hey can you write my research paper for me???? I think you need to pursue writing as a full time job. Hey, I love you! I like your blog mucho mucho! :)

Unknown said...

OK...... I agree I guess. Would have to say that I like the last part, ah, the 'creative effect' the best... And praising yourself, "now that is a beautiful thought" isn't needed. The thought truly is splendid! Is it original? Just making sure! Keep it up. Maybe try less qualifiers and just make your point. People respect those who can propose an idea and stick with and develop it regardless of potential criticism. My what a beautiful thought... anyway, fine exhortation! Love ya.